MTN Nigeria recruitment for 2018/2019 is currently ongoing for the post of a HLS Engineer. MTN Nigeria is the leading telecommunication company in Nigeria.
1) To handle and resolve all Switching Network related queries.
2) Test and verify all new functionality both S/W & H/W and improve Network Performance
3) Identify, analyse and plan for current and future needs of Network Operations in respect of high level support of network performance
4) Implement, install and Integrate new nodes into Network as well as co-ordinate the calibration and repair of test equipment in the region.
5) Implement all radio-related resolution once received from Head Office.
6) Complete detailed Investigations on Cellular Network to optimize Network protocol layers and architecture (Includes SS7 signaling and AXE Plex Investigations) as well as New Functionality and Service testing as required
7) Assist Radio Engineers/Optimization/Facilities on Implementation; and Support personnel and One-man-bands (OMBs) with clearing of complex faults.
8) Provide auditing and mentorship of regional radio staff and ensure basic level of competency for the Radio Engineers is maintained by providing necessary informal training and guidance.
9) Assist Head Office RHLS with the evaluation of new Global Systems for Mobile communications (GSM) radio equipment, configurations, software releases, test and peripheral equipment.
10) Report radio-related problems in the network that cannot be resolved in the region to Head Office RHLS.
11) Resolve all Networks related faults and issues that maybe required from Second line Operation and Maintenance (SMC/CNO/DCG).
12) Control and Administer Customer Service Requests (CSR’s) to relevant Switching Element Supplier(s), as well as test and integrate software upgrades/releases from Suppliers.
13) Provide information and instructions from Head Office RHLS to all relevant regional staff.
14) Distribute new software to relevant regional staff and generate report and update RHLS Activity Database.
1) Normal MTN Nigeria working conditions
2) May be required to work extended hours
3) National travel and a valid drivers license
4) Prepared to Work overtime and some long shifts
Experience & Training
1) First degree in Computer/Electrical/Electronics Engineering
2) Minimum of 3years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others.
3) Experience working in a medium organization
4) Experience in Telecoms sector.
5) Ericsson AXE /or EWSD switching experience is desirable
Minimum qualification BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND
Application Closing Date
6th June, 2018.
To apply for this vacancy, follow the link below