MTN scholarship application for 2018 has been schedule for September 2018. In this scholarship, a maximum of 500 qualified and successful full-time Nigerian students studying science and technology related courses will awarded the scholarship which covers tuition, book allowance and stipends.
The scholarship is renewed every year until graduation for existing awardees provided they have maintained a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit) while new applications, when advertised, are welcome from full time students in their second year of study.
Eligibility For MTN Foundation Scholarship Application 2018/2019
1) The students must be in their third year at the time of application, that is they must be of in 300L now admission set.
2) Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full time undergraduates in 300 level/3rd year.
3) Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
4) Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
5) Direct entry level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 300 level/3rd year in a public University
Field/Area Of Study
Only applications from students studying one of the under listed courses will be considered:
• Agric. Extension and Rural Development
• Agricultural Science
• Animal Breeding and Genetics
• Animal Nutrition
• Animal Production and Health
• Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
• Applied Physics
• Chemical Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Computer and Electronics
• Computer and Information Science
• Computer and Mathematics
• Computer Engineering
• Computer Science
• Electrical Engineering
• Electrical/Electronic Engineering • Electronics and Computer Technology
• Electronics Engineering
• Engineering Physics
• Industrial Mathematics
• Industrial Physics
• Information Technology
• Mechanical Engineering
• Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
• Petroleum and Gas Engineering
• Physics Electronics
• Physics/ Computational Modeling
• Pure/ Applied Physics
• Statistics and Computer Science
• System Engineering and more.
CHECK OUT THESE ARTICLES
Apply to DEMO Africa For Startups 2018
How To Write Your Final Year Project Without Stress
Check for Project Topics
5 International Scholarships Available for You
Fully Funded Scholarships For Open University
What You Need To Know Before Applying For Scholarship
Requirements For The Application
After the application, the list of the successful applicant will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants are then invited for an assessment test. They will be required to come with the following;
A) 2 recent passport photographs
Original and photocopy of the following documents:
B) Valid Student ID card
C) Any other means of identification (National ID card,
D) International passport or Driver’s license)
E) Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study.
F) Admission letter for the HND programmes (For Polytechnic students only).
Deadline for the application
Application will likely commence from September 2018 and Ends October 2018.
Incomplete applications will be disregarded.