The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for Overseas MSc and PhD Scholarships to specific programmes at selected Institutions in the United Kingdom.
The PTDF Scholarship Scheme for UK Universities will offer candidates the opportunity to benefit from a diversified pool of knowledge and the facilities offered by world-class institutions in the United Kingdom.
Under this scheme, candidates are invited to apply through PTDF to specific programmes at partner institutions in the United Kingdom This is the full list of sponsored courses. The award includes the provision of flight tickets, payment of health insurance, payment of tuition and bench fees (where applicable) as well as the provision of allowances to meet the costs of accommodation and living expenses.
As part of its efforts to continuously improve and streamline its programmes, the Fund has reduced the number of partner universities in the UK to 15 top universities where it feels the scholarship’s high standards can be maintained and the objectives of the scheme will be best served. Applications will therefore be limited to those choices and successful candidates will be awarded scholarships for programs commencing in the 2018/2019 academic session.
Application Forms can be obtained via this link www.ptdf.flexisaf.com However applicants are advised to read through the requirements below before applying.
Selection Process, Criteria & Requirements
PTDF scholarship are highly competitive and only candidates who are outstanding across the board are selected. A selection committee will be constituted to assess applications using the following criteria;
1) Academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired, and relevant publications to be referenced by applicant (PhD applicants only)
2) Membership of professional bodies
3) The viability of the study/research plan.
4) Applicants are required to make a case for their scholarship by submitting a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) they want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the industry and its expected impact on national development.
Requirements For MSc Candidates
1) A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience
2) Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
3) Must be computer literate
4) Possession of 5 O/level credits including English Language.
CHECK OUT OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS HERE
Apply For T Y Danjuma Scholarship 2018
Fully Funded Scholarships For Open University
5 International Scholarships Available for You
What You Need To Know Before Applying For Scholarship
Requirements For PhD Candidates
1) Must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
2) Must be computer literate
3) A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second degree certificate;
4) Must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection;
5) Applicants must also include their masters degree project
Documents To Be Submitted
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
1) First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
2) NYSC discharge certificate
3) WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results as well as the PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the O’level results on the relevant website).
4) Recent Passport Photograph
5) Local Government Identification Letter
6) Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
7) Evidence of membership of professional associations
Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.
For more information or Inquiries. visit the link below
To Proceed to the application portal, click here