The Standard Bank Africa Derek Cooper Scholarship is a partnership between Standard Bank and Derek Cooper to provide scholarships to outstanding people.
With over 150 years of history, Standard Bank has firmly rooted itself in the African soil, growing, thriving and adapting at pace along with the continent itself. Together, Standard Bank and Africa have transcended humble beginnings to meet international prominence among global peers.
- The Standard Bank Africa, Derek Cooper Scholarship is available to graduate students who are and will ordinarily remain resident in one of the African countries in which Standard Bank is present.
- Prospective candidates must show an exceptional academic track record and will need to have successfully qualified on their own merit in their application for a one-year Master’s programme at either of the following partner university institutions:
- University of Oxford,
- University of Cambridge,
- London School of Economics and Political Science.
Masters, awarded annually.
- full tuition and college fee
- maintenance grant (i.e. living costs incurred in the college such as rental of college accommodation, food taken in college, etc.) commensurate to the national minimum doctoral stipend of the UK Research Councils.
A preference will be given to students commencing a course of study in one of the following programmes:
- University of Oxford
- MSC programme provided by the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities divisions at the University.
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- MSc Environmental Economics and Climate Change
- MSc Public Management and Governance
- MSc Finance
- MSc Risk and Finance
- MSc Finance and Private Equity
- MSc Real Estate Economics and Finance
- MSc African Development
- MSc Law and Accounting
- MSc Economics and Management
- MSc Management Information Systems and Digital Innovation
- MSc Management and Strategy
- MSc Financial Mathematics
- MSc Economics and Philosophy
- MSc Environment and Development
- University of Cambridge
- MPhil in Economics
- Mphil in Education
- Mphil in Engineering for Sustainable Development
- Mphil in Finance
- Mphil in Management
How to Apply
Please be advised that you are required to apply for your programme of choice as well as funding. Application dates vary for each institution. Please therefore refer to your University of choice for application dates.
Applications should be channeled directly through each University website, as follows:
- For Oxford applications
- For London School of Economics and Political Science applications
- For Cambridge applications
you might find interesting: