Are you a YouTuber and want to have more views on your videos, then here is the right place to learn the secret.
YouTube is currently the second largest search engine which is just next to Google. But it is the largest search engine for videos.
People search YouTube frequently in search of videos like music, football, debates, movies, pranks, comedies, tutorial and all you can think of. Thus YouTube has become a must use for everyone. In my quest to improve my blogging potentials by learning more secrets on how to blog better, YouTube became a very powerful tool to me. I discovered that watching videos was easy to understand than reading blog contents on how to do a certain thing.
In like manner, YouTube is a very power repository for almost all that you need. Do you have YouTube videos or channel or you are planning to get one? Then this is a very power article you cannot do without. But before you proceed, I have prepared another article on how to make money on YouTube.
But this article is the secret of making money on YouTube because the more YouTube videos you have and the more your channel increase in its subscriber base, the more chances of making money you have. Therefore, if you want to have more views on your YouTube videos or grow your YouTube channel, then here are some important tips that will be of paramount importance and help to you.
Owning a YouTube channel is very important but growing it in order to have more views on your channel is more important. Just as the secret of growing a blog is hidden in the traffic level is has, so also for your channel.
In the normal day to day business, the more customers you have, the more money you make. It is also like that on the internet. Truth is that not everyone is a converting customer, but of 100 viewers, at least 10% will be converting customers. Therefore, a wise business man will do everything possible to increase the number of his customers. So also, the more traffic you have on your video or channel, the more money you stand to make.
Here are ways you can grow your channel and have more views on your YouTube videos.
1) Optimize your channel: The first thing you need to do is to optimize your channel in general and every video you upload. Optimizing your channel starts from doing a thorough keyword research in order to know what you want to rank for. To do your keyword research thoroughly and correctly, the following tools will be important and helpful; Google keyword planner, Semrush, kwfinder etc. These are the 3 most popular and common tools for keyword research.
Google keyword planner is a free tool for all. Semrush has the free version and the paid version, but you can do your keyword research thoroughly for free using Semrush. KWfinder is another keyword research tool that will help you greatly. Though it is not completely free. You are only allowed to search for 5 keywords per day free of charge. But if you wish to search for more, then you have to go for the pro version. In trying to optimize your video, the following will be very helpful and important.
• Select your keyword: Do your keyword research properly and know which keyword you want to rank for. It is that keyword your video will be fully centered on. To determine the best keyword to rank for, these two things are very important, Get a keyword with high search volume and low competition.
• Optimize your title: The title of your video should be fully optimized around the keyword you want to rank for. For example, if I want to rank for the keyword, “online business”, I will consider the following title, “how to start a business online”, “10 profitable online business”, “how to grow online business” etc. It will not make sense for me to use the title “how to make money online” while I am targeting the keyword “online business”. You get the geek? Also, try to make your title as short and simple as possible, yet let it contain your keyword.
• Optimize your description: Use the description to say a little bit about the video. This should be a kind of brief summary of your video and also make sure you keyword is included in the description
NOTE: In optimizing your youtube videos, be informed that you are not just doing it for YouTube only, you are also doing it for Google. Google now shows related videos in their search result and as such, if you optimize your video properly, you stand the chance of ranking both on Google and YouTube.
2) Social media: Another powerful way of getting more views to your YouTube videos. If you are fully active on social media platforms, I guess you would have seen some of your friends sharing their videos online. If you have not seen such, then I am sure you would have seen some paid ads on your timeline. Promoting your video through your social media account will lead to a high conversion rate.
For example, if you have 2000 friends on Facebook, 2,000 on instagram and twitter, and you share your video on your profile or timeline, at least 1 in every 10 will view you video. If it make sense to them, they may even decide to share it on their timeline as well. So social media is a very powerful tool for promoting your channel and getting more views on your video. Also, you can beg your friends to help you share your video on their timeline which will be a plus to you as well. Social media is powerful because at least 3 billion people are active on social media. Therefore, you stand a chance to reach a fraction of these people.
3) Create more than one video around a particular keyword: If you have a keyword that has a very high search volume with low or medium competition, then you can do more than one YouTube videos around it. For example, if you did a video on YouTube marketing few months ago, and now you know more tips on YouTube marketing, then you can do another video for it with the same keyword. Since video is not like a blog that you can edit anytime, you will have to create another video entirely for this purpose. This will help you a great deal in such a way that 2 of your videos can rank for one keyword.
4) Forums: Be fully involved in forum discussions, though do not spam forums with your contents to avoid been ban. To be effective on forums, you must play safe. Post your videos on forums and if someone make a post that you think your video will provide a meaningful comment or reply, then write a little text and leave a link to your video. Do not just leave a link to your video without a comment. It will appear as though it is a spam and may be deleted or not viewed by anyone.
5) Your website: If you have a website, use it to promote your YouTube videos. Most times, if you produce a video on whatever topic of your choice, chances are that you will also develop a content around that topic for your website. If you do, then embed your video to the post and it will help you rank. If you upload a video on your website and that content pulled about 2,000 visitors, chances are that a handful of those visitors will watch you video and May even subscribe. In the latest version of yoast, adding a video to your content has become another ranking factor for your website. It then means that uploading your video to your site is an added advantage to you.
6) Add a subscribe button to every video: If you use to watch videos on YouTube, you will discover that in almost every video, there is always a subscribe button. It may be at the beginning or at the end of the video. Therefore ensure you add a subscribe button and encourage your viewers to subscribe.
7) Have a schedule: Try to be disciplined in your business. Have a schedule for uploading your videos. Do it at regular interval. For example, mark angel comedy uploads every Friday and tutorial Tuesday uploads every Tuesdays. You might not be able to upload every week, but try to have a pattern for your upload. Either fortnightly or whatever interval you deem fit. Do not just do it intermittently so that your subscribers will know when to expect a release from you.
8) Let your video add value: It does not just end in getting new viewers on your channel, but you need to retain the ones you have gotten. As much as it is easy for someone to click the subscribe button, it is also easy for someone to click the unsubscribe button. Bear in mind that it is easier to loose traffic than to gain traffic. Make sure that every video you produce adds value to the viewers if you really want to grow your channel.
I am a strong follower of Neil Patel and Brian Dean of Backlinko. How did I get to know about these guys? I never stumbled upon them anywhere online. Rather, a friend of mine recommended them to me. Think about this, if they were not adding value, will anyone ever recommend them to me? Of course not. It
is because of the value they add, that is why my friend follows them to the point of recommending them to me. If your videos add value, you will have lots of recommendation. I think recommendation is the best way of growing a business.
9) Create a playlist: Create a powerful playlist for you channel. With this playlist, viewers will be able to spend time to view more that one of your video at a goal. A playlist will links all your related videos together such that once on finish playing, the other starts off immediately
10) Adding your YouTube channel to your profile on various forums: Add a link to your channel to your profile on forums and social media. I use phpbb template for my forum and in the course of looking for help on how to rectify certain issues, I came across a guy. Upon reviewing his profile, I saw his YouTube channel link and I pad him a video. Therefore, if you consider adding a link to your channel on your profile, then the better for you.
11) Paid ads: If you have the money, then let the money do the job for you. You can subscribe for paid adverts to promote your video and your channel. Google adword and Facebook will be of great relevance for this purpose. They will help you promote what you do to a number of people depending on your budget.
The good part of Facebook and Google adword is that they provide advertising space to clients based on their budgets. So as little as you have, you can run an advert and when you make more money, you can increase your advert budget. Another good part of this is that your advert will be more focused in reach. That is to say, you will define your target and the advert will be displayed to those who fall within the target.
For example, if I do a video on politics, that is trying to promote a political candidate who is running for the governorship of California, then t will be waste of money to target people who live in china, Brazil and other countries. Even, it will not make sense to target Americans who live outside California. Then, how do I do it. To start with, I will set my location to California USA. Secondly, if will look for the voting age bracket of people in the United State.
Let’s say it is between 18yrs to 65yrs, then I will be able to target my advert to the right people. You now see that I have focused my advert, first to those that reside in California and secondly, to those that are eligible to vote. By so doing, my budget will be calculated and I will be able to achieve much, just with little budget. Also there is another company known as Promolta. Their main business is to help you advertise your video to your target audience. Have not patronized them, but if you think it wise to do, then you can go ahead.
12) Add your link to comments on other videos: Bloggers and youtubers cannot do without backlinks. If you want to promote a video on your channel, then you leverage on backlinks by dropping your link in the comment section of another video.
For example, I do a video titled, “why you need a blog”, then another person does a video on “10 reasons why you need a blog”. If I view the video, I could drop a comment like this, “your video was awesome and has lots of knowledge, meanwhile I have a similar video that has some points you did not state, follow this link to watch it for more detail (here, you drop the link to the video)”.
With this, you will have few views coming from that angle. In blogging and YouTube, 1 person that visits your site or watch your video is important and nothing is too small. So this is another free way of promoting your YouTube channel and video
13) Reply every comment made on your video: Make your channel very interactive and as such, more engagements will come your way. Ensure you reply every comment you receive. When you do so, those who posted the comment will know that you value their opinion a great deal. Sometimes, the only reply they need is “thanks”. It’s not a big deal to type thanks so go ahead and type it.
Some people will also criticize your video, with this criticism, you then improve on subsequent videos or probably they did not fully understand the message you were trying to pass. You can reply them by explaining your points to them which will make them watch the view again. Also their criticism could even lead you to doing another video. Let’s say I do a video on “how to make money in the campus” and someone criticizes the video by saying it was only for those in the campus, how about others. This can lead me to doing another video titled, “15 ways to make money”.
After doing this video, I go to his comment and reply with the link to the new video. I stand a chance of having a handful of people viewing the video through that link. In replying comments, let it not be like the Tom and Jerry fight. Do not condemn or get mad at people who criticize your hard effort. Let those criticisms lead to more innovation.
14) Make your video short: The timing of your video also matters a great deal. If you do a video on how to make money on YouTube, it is important that the video should be 7 minutes or lesser. If you have a view of those videos that rank on YouTube (apart from movies and full tutorials) you will find out that they last between 5-10 minutes. People want to watch you enshrine your whole idea in as short as 10 minutes.
If your video is shorter then, it will have more view. Let’s say 3 people do 3 different video on the same thing “how to do SEO the
right way”. The timing of these 3 video will not be the same. You will find out that the video with the shorter duration may have more views than the other 2.
15) Reduce the size of your video: Many people, most African are always conscious of their data. As such, they consider the size of the video before watching or downloading. Try to ensure that you reduce the size of your video to as low as you can. The size will also determine the loading speed of the video and you know that no one will want to wait for long, just for a video to load. Therefore, do well to reduce the size of the video and yet retain its quality.
16) Partner with other influencers in your niche: You can partner also with other influencers in the niche. If you watch SEO tutorial, you will discover that many of them make mention of Brian Dean of Backlinko and Neil Patel. When you watch 2 videos that mention one person, you will surely want to know more of that person. So that it why partnering with influencers will make sense. Let them mention you and then you also reciprocate the same by mentioning them.
17) Email marketing: Pulling traffic to either your blog or channel is incomplete without Email marketing. You need email marketing to reach out to other wider community of viewers via their emails. If you have a blog, collect the emails of your subscribers and then inform them of you latest videos whenever you make a release. With this, about 1 in every 10 may view your video and then 10 in every 100 and so on and so forth. So the more emails you collect, the better and more advantaged you are.
18) Use a compelling Thumbnail image: Most times, people do not read certain information online, they just scan through contents. When they search for a keyword on YouTube and YouTube feeds their request with about 20 videos, they will surely not watch all the 20 videos at a time. They might just watch only 2 or 3 and off they go. So if your video appears among the 20 videos, how do you convince the searcher to view yours and leave others? This is where a compelling thumbnail image will come to play. Let the image you use be captivating enough to the point that the searcher will have no other option than to stop bye and click on the video.
19) Do videos based on demand once in a while: Once in a while, ask your subscribers and viewers questions on what they want. With their response, you can do a video on that and then notify them that such video is now available. Or if you do a video with the title, “SEO marketing” and you outline about 5 tips to help you succeed in SEO marketing. If you go through the comments you have and discover that out of the 5 tips you shared, most people complain about the difficulty of one of them, then you can choose do another video, fully dedicated to that on tip. In that video, you explain in detail how to do what you stated there.
20) Add an Intro and Outro to your video: Do not just go straight to the point in your video and say what you want to say and then leave. Add an intro to you video at the beginning and an outro at the ending. The intro will provide a brief detail about you and what you do in general. This will make people know you and also build confidence around you, not just watching you video and then leaving. In the end, use an outro to conclude your video. The outro should also encourage people to subscribe.
Here are the few things you should do to if you want to promote your YouTube videos. truth is, it will not happen over night but consistency is the key. you YouTube video could be the next rated video, so put in your best and reap the benefit someday.